What's New: Evolving Algebras 1995
- 8 November 1995
- Added a section on databases
and updated the paper on a specification and verification of
the undo/redo transaction recovery algorithm. (LaTeX
- 12 September 1995
- 1 September 1995
- Added a presentation of the salient features of evolving algebras,
as part of a discussion of the use of evolving algebras in
design and analysis of hardware and software systems.
- 25 August 1995
- Translated many of the inline images in the
Lipari Guide into HTML, for easier Web reading.
- 22 August 1995
- 21 August 1995
- 3 August 1995
- Translated most of the inline images in the
tutorial and the
into HTML, for easier Web reading.
- Added a link to a comprehensive collection of
WWW pages on
- 2 August 1995
- Moved all evolving algebras pages to
this web server. Alas, not all features (e.g. feedback forms)
made the transition.
- 1 August 1995
- 13 July 1995
- 24 May 1995
- Added a link to the official
Kermit WWW site.
- 17 May 1995
- 16 May 1995
- Added a response to a paper of Leslie Lamport, ``Processes are in
the Eye of the Beholder''. We discuss how the same two algorithms may
and may not be considered equivalent. In addition, we give a direct
proof of an appropriate equivalence of two particular algorithms
considered by Lamport. (LaTeX
- Added a discussion of semantics-preserving transformations
(including a pass separation transformation) which may be performed
on evolving algebras. (PostScript).
- Added a presentation of a
simple, 9-line Prolog interpreter for evolving algebras. (PostScript)
The authors also have a
discussing their work, including source code.
- Added a link to an announcement of a
short course on evolving algebras
to be held at the Department of Computer Science of the University
of Aarhus, during 7--11 August 1995.
- Added a table of contents
to the main page.
- 8 April 1995
- Added a new heading to the index page on natural language, including
two new PostScript papers in the area:
- An extension of a previous paper on grammars for natural
- Evolving algebra renderings of the formalisms used most
frequently in computational linguistics. (PostScript)
- 27 March 1995
- Added an HTML version of the Lipari
- Cleaned up some problems in the HTML version of the
- 21 March 1995
- Added a specification and verification of a distributed railway
crossing system, proposed by C. Heitmeyer of NRL. (LaTeX
- Renamed the extended abstracts for an evolving algebras partial
and uploaded a more detailed version of the paper
- 20 March 1995
- Added a limited index search capability
for pages on this site.
- 10 March 1995
- Updated the papers on Lamport's bakery algorithm (the previous
version had erroneous references).
- 16 December 1994